MPF to Hold Annual Meeting With a Day and Evening on the Prairie
All are welcome to participate in the Cole Camp Missouri Master Naturalists’ Prairie Day: 10:00 a.m. until after dark and attend MPF’s Annual Meeting 4:30 to 5:00 and its Evening on the Prairie from 5:00 p.m. until dark. Tent camping on the prairie welcome Saturday evening. FREE admission!
Wagon tours at 1:00 and 3:00 p.m.
Janalea Hoffman, Native Flute Classes (11 a.m. – 1 hour long; 2 p.m. – 45 minutes; 4 p.m. – 45 minutes).
- Activities: Bird banding, live reptiles, plant a native, woodworking
- Artisan Demos: atlatl, flint knapping, storytelling, Dutch oven cooking, spinner/weaver, basketry
- Displays: Native Plant Society, pressed flowers, rocks and fossils, mammal pelts, invasive species, stream table, wild edibles
- Complimentary wine and cheese
- Quilt Raffle
- Silent Auction
- Star gazing with telescopes
- Tent Camping
- Early Sunday morning bird walk
Events to be held at Dr. Wayne Morton’s prairie outside of Cole Camp, which is approximately 20 miles south of Sedalia.
From Cole Camp, take Hwy. 52 west and go 0.75 mile west.
Turn north (right) on Klink Road (gravel) at the propane distributor.
Go 1.5 miles and turn west (left) on Hi Lonesome Road.
Go 0.5 mile to gate on the south side of the road.
Watch for signs and the big tent. Questions? Call 573-821-8223