MPF Administrative Operations Coordinator Position Opening
We are seeking qualified applicants to be part of the Missouri Prairie Foundation's/Grow Native's dynamic team, whose contributions will be crucial components of our award-winning prairie conservation work and native plant education and marketing.
If you are interested in applying, or know someone who is, please see the job announcement below, and contact us with any questions. As noted in the announcement, this position will work from a home office, ideally in Columbia or elsewhere in central Missouri, but superlative candidates elsewhere in the state may be considered. Critical to this position are excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, self motivation, and desire to work in a fast-paced environment, to contribute to our important mission.
Administrative Operations Coordinator
Full-time position located in central Missouri, preferably Columbia. Work from a home office.
Annual Full-time Salary:
$38,500, plus benefits listed below. MPF will provide computer and other items necessary to perform work. Travel cost reimbursement.
$2,000 a year health care stipend; maximum two weeks pay for jury duty; paid holidays (after 30 days of service); and, after one year of employment, paid vacation and eligibility to participate in MPF’s SIMPLE IRA with an MPF 3% match.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Is supervised by Executive Director and works collaboratively with Executive Director, Outreach & Education Coordinator, Director of Prairie Management, Finance Committee, Treasurer, accountant vendor, Grow Native! Committee members.
Chief duties are as follows:
• compiling and coding vendor invoices three times a month, working in conjunction with other staff and accountant
• coding all deposits and creating monthly deposit list, with iMIS content management system and QuickBooks, working in concert with accountant and Treasurer; reconciliation of bank deposits, online donations and merchandise sales (via Square)
• making physical deposits to bank
• working with the iMIS content management system to track all member/donor general and restricted donations and documentation throughout the year, creating donor lists, acknowledgement letter lists, working with mail house vendor; generating and sending electronic acknowledgement letters
• Receiving and distributing MPF postal mail from Columbia P.O. box via postal service and electronically as appropriate
• ordering supplies and merchandise
• assisting with writing Requests For Proposals and securing bids from vendors
• carrying out various administration and clerical tasks including creating name tags for events
• storing and managing merchandise inventory both physically and with Square software
• storing and managing Grow Native! plant tags, ordering tags from tag vendor, shipping tags to Grow Native! members, creating electronic invoices for tags
• assisting with fundraising and outreach events such as annual dinner, native plant sales, and staffing booths at conferences and events
• receiving general emails and phone calls and directing them to appropriate staff or board members
• securing venues for meeting and events, and handling venue contracts
• traveling occasionally to Jefferson City to assist Executive Director with clerical tasks
• traveling several times throughout the year to assist with events and attend meetings
Additional duties, if qualifications allow:
• graphic design
• website management, using the iMIS system
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or organization management, or equivalent on-the-job experience.
Core skills, knowledge, and abilities
Excellent knowledge of or willingness to learn standard accounting procedures and accounting software, and attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills are critically important. Must have excellent and self-reliant knowledge of QuickBooks or cloud-based accounting system, Word, Excel, and Google docs/sheets. Self-reliant knowledge of iMIS content management system or ability to learn iMIS quickly via in-person training. Ability to take initiative, work autonomously, meet deadlines, and work within the organizational structure and culture of MPF are essential. Effective interpersonal communication skills and ability to work in small groups are very important. Must express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Must have ability and means to travel around the Missouri Prairie Foundation region as the job requires. Must have the ability to lift objects in the normal course of completing job requirements.
Core Competencies and Special Ability Requirements
Must have ability to:
Accept all responsibilities of the job and assigned tasks.
Accept change, new information, and carry out agreed-upon plans.
Work independently with self-motivation.
Define a problem, analyze relevant information, and develop solutions and plans to solve the problem.
Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with willingness to communicate concerns.
Demonstrate technical proficiency in areas of responsibility.
Create and sustain an atmosphere in which timely, quality information flows between self and others, and express facts and ideas in a convincing manner whether one-on-one or within or before groups.
Take a long-term view of the MPF’s direction and articulate a vision within daily work that integrates key program goals, priorities, values, and other factors.
Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance.
Must be bondable.
Preferred Additional Skills and Knowledge:
• graphic design and experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe
• sales experience
• biology background
• website management
To apply for this position, please send the following information so it is received no later than January 14, 2019 to
1. Résumé, including at least three references, summary of education and work experience, and salary history.
2. Examples of work plans, (publicly available) financial statements prepared for other entities, budgets, or other documents that illustrate qualifications to carry out duties of this position.
Questions welcomed. Questions may be directed to email@example.com or 573-356-7828 or 1-888-843-6739.