If you have a dry, rocky area in your yard, turn it into a bright, boldly textured home for lizards, chipmunks and toads with Missouri’s beautiful glade species. Glades are natural, desert-like areas that occur on sunny slopes with dry, shallow soils. They produce visually striking plants that attract a wide range of fascinating wildlife.
The Grow Native! Chipmunk Hideout design features glade beauties such as Missouri primrose, purple poppy mallow and rock pink. These plants will do well along sunny sidewalks or in containers. Increase your new glade’s habitat appeal with rocks, flowerpots and statuary.
- Eastern Blazing Star (Liatris scariosa)
- Calamint (Calamintha arkansana)
- Butterfly Milkweed (Asclepias incarnata)
- Prairie Dropseed (Sporobolus heterolepis)
- Prickly Pear (Opuntia humifusa)
- Glade Coneflower (Echinacea simulata)
- Purple Poppy Mallow (Callirhoe involucrata)
- Purple Beardtongue (Penstemon cobaea)
- Missouri Primrose (Oenothera macrocarpa)
- Purple Prairie Clover (Dalea purpurea)
- Rattlesnake Master (Eryngium yuccifolium)
- Lanceleaf Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata)
- Rock Pink (Talinum calycinum)
- Barbara’s Buttons (Marshallia caespitosa)